Monday, June 15, 2015

Ways of holding

So I have always held you in my heart..


I hold you the way a desert walker draws constellations
From Ursa major to Orion
Finding the Polaris
In astronomy of deserts.

placing pebbles 
on a serape
a not so straight line 
in a pattern
saying 'these are the heavens'
to love's preferred residencies.


I hold you the way a boatman calculates movement
of  the red needle of a compass
for curve point and turning ways
to find its super highway
to  the lesser known residences.


I hold you  the way the jambu staunch
drops   shyly down
when the first light  canoodles
removing the  dew drop tears.


I hold you the way  the summer birds dive
through every summer
so careless and playful
in their infancy


I hold you  through the text of a news paper article
I hold you  through   lines of poetry
I hold you through picture and gaze
I hold you through a laptop screen
I hold you in memory ,
in countenance and word.





0 comments:

Post a Comment