Sunday, November 10, 2013

AMMA ( Mother)

At the back of the house
on top of a tank
covered by concrete sheets
I stood , singing
" konda kirilliye " -the most celebrated
of my childhood songs ,
when you watched me
hiding behind
the kitchen door.
Numberless days and nights
back - to - back in hospital beds
thine caress warmed
running tears of mine ,
of pain and fragility.
Your sense of self mastery
the "hi-tech" reason
indeed a blessing now
once terrified me
twice puzzled me.
Rays of reverie
you bare
colored me , yet colors me
of solid character ,
without fail
defeats the burning blaze
that breaks through
the eastern skies.
Close at hand
now I see
thine eyes glutted with tears
thine face , sick and tired
displaying the declining years
while signalling me
of a grown up .
Lowered the voice
I disclose to my self

" Amma , Budu wewa!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment